How to Install Kali Linux On VMware Workstation – Step by Step: In here you will get about the latest Kali Linux installation on VMware Workstation. the installation is quite easy and it is the same as you are installing on Virtualbox, Vmware fusion or VMware Player, but in this article, I will let you know on how to install Kali Linux on VMware workstation 15 as I have uploaded an article on how to install Kali Linux on Virtualbox so if you are interested then you may check it. moreover, in here you will learn step by step to install Kali Linux on VMware so read the article attentively and follow each step properly.
To install the Kali Linux, we will have to first get the installer ISO image file. You can get it by visiting the official download page. Please download the 64 bit or 32 bit image depending on the system you have. Dont get confused by the many options available such as Kali Linux 64 bit Mate or Kali Linux 64 bit Xfce.
How to Install Kali Linux On VMware Workstation
Step 1. Download Kali Linux ISO File
In step one, you will need to download Kali Linux ISO file so for that go to your favorite web browser and search for Kali Linux.org. or simply click on the above link to download Kali Linux.
Step 2. Install VMware Workstation 15 Pro
While you have downloaded the ISO file then in the second step you will need to download and install VMware on your system. you can download it from the above link that I have given and while your file has been downloaded then you need to install it. the installation is quite easy you can do it but if you don’t know, then I have written an article about that simply click the link and follow the steps.
Step 3. Create A New Virtual Machine
When everything is ready to go, then you have to create a new Virtual Machine in order to install Kali Linux. as you know before installing any operating system we need to create virtual machine otherwise we cannot install that. so here I will let you know how to create a new Virtual machine.
#1. first of all, open VMware Workstation 15 pro and click on Create A New Virtual Machine.
Create a New VM
#2. what type of configuration do you want so by default it is selected Typical but you need to select Custom option and click on Next button.
#3. in the third step, it will ask you about features that are needed for this VM, so don’t bring any changes just leave it as default. and click on the Next button.
#4. here you will see three options and I recommend you to go with the last option as it’s written I will install the OS later and click on Next button.
Insert ISO file
#5. in here, it will ask you to select guest operating system so select Linux and for version select Other Linux 4.x Linux or later Kernel 64-Bit then click on Next button.
#6. give a proper name for new Virtual Machine and if you want to change its location then click on Browse otherwise it is ok.
#7. for processor select 2 and for cores per processor select 2 which will be 4 processor and click on Next button.
#8. for memory size select 4 GB RAM and click on Next button.
#9. in this step, it will ask you for Network Type so by default it selected the second option then leave it as default don’t select any other option. just click on Next button.
#10. in here, leave it as default where it is selected the second option and click on Next button.
#11. after that, it will ask you to select a disk type so, in here select the second option and click on Next button.
#12. well, its time to select the first option which is Create a new virtual disk so read the descriptions for more information and click on Next button.
Select a Disk
#13. in this level, select 20GB of size for disk and moreover, select Store virtual disk as a single file and click the Next button.
Specify Disk Capacity
#14. Specify disk file and click the Next button.
#15. in this step, you need some configuration for installing Kali Linux so for that click on the Customize hardware and set some setting.
Configuring the Setting of VM
#1. in here select Processors tab and mark Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI.
#2. now select new CD/DVD (IDE) and select Use ISO image file then browse the downloaded file which you have downloaded earlier. so, click on browse and select it’s ISO file and open it.
Insert ISO file
#3. now everything is ready and your Virtual Machine is ready to install Kali Linux so for that click the Finish button.
Click on Finish
Step 4. Install Kali Linux on VMware
Now here, I will show you how to install Kali Linux on Vmware so the installation is not that much hard that you are thinking, but again here I will show you the process.
#1. at the first step, select the operating system from the left side of the window and run it. so then you will see this screenshot so here select Install and press enter button.
Install the system
#2. here it will ask you to choose the language to be used for the installation process. so, choose the language and press enter.
Choose your Language
#3. in this step, select your location as my one is United State so I will go with this option.
#4. Configure the keyboard, select any country for a keyboard.
#5. in here it will ask you for your Hostname so provide a proper name and click the Continue.
#6. Then provide your domain name if you have, if you don’t have, so simply click on the Continue button.
#7. while you have typed your name and domain name then it will ask you to provide your password. so type a strong password and click the Continue button.
#8. in next step re-enter your password and click the Continue button.
#9. select the time zone from the below options.
#10. in this step, it will ask you for a partition so follow this screenshot and click the Continue button. just leave everything as default.
#11. if you continue the changes listed below will be written to the disks. otherwise, you will be able to make further changes manually. so, click on the Yes button.
Changes to the Partitions
#12. if you want to use a network mirror then click on yes if you don’t want, so click on No button, but I recommend you to click on Yes.
#13. if you need to use an HTTP proxy to access the outside world so, enter the proxy information here, otherwise, leave this blank and click on Continue
#14. in here it will ask you to install the GRUB boot loader on the hard disk, so select Yes and click on Continue button.
#15. in this last step, you will need a device for boot loader installation, so I recommend you to select the second option and click on Continue.
#16. OK, now the installation has done successfully, and now it is time to boot into your system, so therefore, click on Continue button.
#17. everything you have done and the installation is also done successfully so now provide your Username and Password to login to the Kali Linux, and give it a try.
In this article, we have discussed deeply how to install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation using windows 10, so try your best with follow all steps and if you get any kind of questions then feel free to ask me.
When it comes to penetration testing, hacking and offensive distros, one of the first to be mentioned is Kali Linux. It is based on Debian and is available in 32-bit and 64-bit editions. Today we take a look at installing Kali Linux. We will look at using the entire disk and installing alongside Windows.
Kali Linux Hard Disk Install
4. Choose your preferred method of installation. In this tutorial, we will choose the Graphical Install.
5. Select your preferred language.
6. Select your geographic location.
7. Configure the keyboard
Kali Linux Network Install Iso
8. Configure the network
9. Enter your a hostname for your system
Ipod to itunes for free. Mar 13, 2014 How to Free Download and Put Music on iPod without iTunes. Do you want to find a good way to free download some favorite music to your iPod touch? IPod users are highly interested in downloading music from a free and legal mp3 downloading sites, such as eMusic and more. EMusic really offers a free way to download music. But there is a limitation. Find the best iTunes updates, iPod utilities, and iTunes transfer apps to play, download, manage, and back up your digital music and videos. Download macOS Catalina for an all‑new entertainment experience. Your music, TV shows, movies, and podcasts will transfer automatically to the new Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Podcasts apps, where you’ll still have access to your favorite iTunes features, including purchases, rentals, and imports. Load more results. Apple Footer Apple Support.
10. You may choose to specify a default domain name now.
11. Create a root password for the system.
12. Set up users and passwords
13. Next, set your timezone.
14. The installer will now probe your disks and offer you four choices. In our example, we’re using the entire disk on our computer and not configuring LVM (logical volume manager). If you know what you are about, you can choose the “Manual” partitioning option for more detailed configuration options.
15. Select the disk to be partitioned.
16. Depending on your needs, you can choose to keep all your files in a single partition — the default — or to have separate partitions for one or more of the top-level directories. If you’re not sure which you want, you want “All files in one partition”.
17. Next, you’ll have one last chance to review your disk configuration before the installer makes irreversible changes. Pressing continue will let the continue and complete your installation.
18. You will have to configure Kali’s network mirrors that Kali uses to distribute applications. You’ll need to enter any appropriate proxy information as needed. NOTE! If you select “NO” in this screen, you will NOT be able to install packages from Kali repositories.
19. Next, install GRUB.
20. Finally, click Continue to reboot into your Kali installation.
Dual Boot Kali with Windows
Installing Kali alongside a Windows installation can be quite useful. However, you have to be careful with the setup process. First, make sure that you’ve backed up any important data on your Windows installation.
3. Select your Windows partition. Depending on your system, it will usually be the second, larger partition. In the screenshot below, you can see that there are 2 partitions; the first being the System Recovery partition, and the second one is actually installed where Windows is installed in /dev/sda2. You can then resize your Windows partition and create about a minimum and 20GB size partition fro Kali installation.
4. Once you have resized your Windows partition, ensure you “Apply All Operations” on the hard disk. Exit gparted and reboot.
5. The process from this point will be very similar to installing on the full disk. You only have to make sure that at the point of partitioning, you select “Guided – use the largest continuous free space” that you created earlier with gparted.
6. Once the installation is done, reboot. GRUB will come up and you can choose to boot into either into Kali or Windows.
Kali Linux Mini Iso Download
So there you have it, a quick tutorial on how to install Kali Linux. Now that you are done installing, you can begin your pen testing and ethical hacking. Thanks for reading and share your thoughts and comments with us in the section below.